Tick Control in Swedesboro, zip code 08085
TICK CONTROL ALERT FOR SWEDESBORO, 08085:
Swedesboro is one of New Jersey’s true gems – a historic little town that combines a metropolitan lifestyle with a rural local. Historic buildings make downtown a dream to dine and shop in, while homes in Swedesboro enjoy spacious yards and lots of green scenery.
Sadly, it’s the latter part of that which causes issues. Because of Swedesboro’s location on the banks of Racoon Creek, the township has a higher-than-average tick density; and homeowners are at an elevated risk of tick bites and Lyme disease.
Tick Control in Swedesboro, New Jersey 08085
- Risk Factor: Ixodes Scapularis ticks carrying b. burgdorferi (Lyme disease), babesia microti (bebesiosis) bacterium and Rickettsia rickettsii (Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever)
- The major vector for ticks is wildlife, bringing them into people’s yards and gardens as they migrate through.
- A yard spray for ticks can help eliminate ticks at all stages of their life-cycle. Call Aspenn Environmental Services to discuss your tick control options – call our New Jersey office on 1-888-881-BUGS (2847) to discuss which one works best for you.
- Erecting barriers like fences, hedges and gates can help mitigate the risk of wildlife depositing ticks in your yard and garden.
- Homemade birdscarers -created by hanging CDs from trees and bushes – can also help reduce the risk of birds landing in your yard and depositing Lyme-infected ticks there.